This kind of development approach is highly unstructured
Does it work?
- Linux (and freeware in general) won Inforworld
Magazine's 1997 award for best support
- Support depends on a relationship between producers and
consumers via newsgroups
- (Example: A graphics driver was rebuilt in 3 days by its author, because
3 people complained that it didn't work with the latest board.)
- Freeware was recently (Aug 10) the subject of the cover
story in Forbes
Magazine, suggesting it is moving into the mainstream.
- IBM recently (17-Feb-99) announced it will pre-install Linux along
with Windows NT in its "Netfinity" computers, and make
(Microsoft allegedly had previously prevented this with smaller
Last modified: Thu Feb 18 9:07:46 MST 1999